- Login at http://my.scribe2go.com/ with the credentials provided.
- Go to Settings.
- Enter your Salesforce username, password and security token.
- Make sure the sales people that will use scribe2go have their mobile phone numbers entered into the Mobile field of their Salesforce.com accounts.
- Go to User Management and press the Synchronize button to retrieve your Salesforce.com users.
- Select the users, that will use scribe2go, and press Action -> Send SMS, to send application download link over SMS.
- Install the application on the mobile phones by following the link in the SMS.
- If required, modify the configuration of your scribe2go mobile application:
scribe2go for Android comes pre-configured to your device. You initiate calls as you would normally do on your device (from the Contacts application or the call log, for example) and scribe2go for Android takes care for the rest. It will detect the outgoing call request and ask whether you'd like to process the call through scribe2go.
To disable scribe2go for Android, go to the applications menu, start the scribe2go application and un-check the Enable application option.
scribe2go for BlackBerry comes pre-configured to your device. You instruct scribe2go to process your call by selecting a contact or a phone number from the call log, pressing the Menu button on your BlackBerry device and selecting the scribe2go option from the menu.
Once the scribe2go application is installed on your iPhone, you would need to configure it. To do that you open the application, go to Settings and make the following configurations:
- International Dialing Prefix - Enter the international dialing prefix 011.
- Service Phone number - This number should be provided to you by the scribe2go team together with your credentials.
- PIN - Leave it empty.
After you complete the above configuration, you can go to Contacts or Keypad tab in the scribe2go iPhone application to make calls via scribe2go .
scribe2go S60 application comes pre-configured to your device. To modify the default settings, go to the Menu -> Installations -> scribe2go and configure the following:
- International calls - Choose whether all international outgoing call requests should be processed by scribe2go or not (the Yes and No option, respectively), or whether you'd like to choose this whenever an international outgoing call request is made (the Always ask option).
- Calls in roaming - Choose whether all outgoing call requests while in roaming should be processed by scribe2go or not (the Yes and No option, respectively), or whether you'd like to choose this whenever an outgoing call request is made while in roaming (the Always ask option).
- Local calls - Choose whether all local outgoing call requests should be processed by scribe2go or not (the Yes and No option, respectively), or whether you'd like to choose this whenever an local outgoing call request is made (the Always ask option).
- Default Access Point - You can choose default access point to be used for scribe2go calls, or leave it to Always ask.
Depending on the options you choose (described above), scribe2go calls will be initiated for the corresponding destination numbers. With scribe2go S60 application you would initiate calls as you would normally do on your device (from the Contacts application or the call log, for example) and scribe2go S60 will take care of the rest.
- Log in to Salesforce via the browser to request your security token.
- Go to Setup -> My Personal Information -> Reset Security Token.
- Click the Reset Security Token button to trigger an email which will contain your security token.
- Select and copy the token from the email.